NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO DIGITAL DOGGY NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS OVER THE AGE OF 18.
ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Digital Doggy Monthly Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a Sweepstakes designed to encourage readership for our weekly newsletter.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Digital Content Group, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company with its principal place of business in Los Angeles, CA (“Company” or “DCG”) with respect to the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you must be: (1) eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, (2) an individual that is either a legal United States resident or holder of a valid United States visa, (3) a resident of Alaska, Hawaii or the Continental Unites States, (4) not under U.S. export controls or sanctions, and (5) to the extent a foreign citizen, eligible to receive a prize from a United States entity, under local, federal and foreign law, as applicable. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Company, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and members of the Sweepstakes Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Company reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
3. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by DCG (“Sponsor”).
4. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Each monthly Sweepstakes begins immediately upon the Company’s circulation of its first newsletter in a given calendar month and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the last calendar day of that month (each a “Sweepstakes Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must (i) be a Digital Doggy Newsletter subscriber (subscribe at: https://digitaldoggydaily.com/), (ii) have consented to these Rules, and (iii) click the Sweepstakes link from any of the newsletters circulated during the current calendar month. For the purpose of clarification, (1) In a given month, if there are four newsletters circulated by the Company, you will be limited to four entries during that month and (2) Sweepstakes links in prior months are deemed expired and will not trigger an entry into the Sweepstakes for the current month.
Entrants are entirely responsible for all costs and fees associated with entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, such as costs associated with email and internet access. All entries must be received before the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries are void if they are obtained through fraud or are late. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and such potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email address for the domain.
6. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Company uses a computer program to randomly select a winner from the entries received during each Sweepstakes Period. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Company shall have no obligation to notify such potential winner.
Within one (1) week of the last calendar day of the month, the potential winner will be selected and notified via email. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempts within five (5) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner shall be disqualified. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor, including a valid mailing address. If required, potential winners must return all such required documents within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential winner may be deemed to have forfeited the prize. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. In the event no submissions are received, no prize will be awarded. Determinations of Company are final and binding.
7. PRIZE: One winner for each monthly Sweepstakes will receive (i) a pet gift box (which is valued at less than $100) and (ii) the option to submit a photograph and blurb about the winner’s dog for the Company to consider featuring in an upcoming newsletter or in other Company content. For the purpose of clarity, by winning the Sweepstakes, the Company will give your dog special preference, but may choose whether or not to utilize your photograph and blurb in its sole and absolute discretion.
The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The prize will be awarded within approximately two (2) weeks of receipt by Sponsor of final prize acceptance documents.
8. TAXES: PRIZES AWARDED TO THE WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO COMPANY ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY COMPANY TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL, AND FOREIGN (INCLUDING PROVINCIAL) TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit the tax documentation requested by Company or otherwise required by applicable law, to Company or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law, including, where relevant, the law of the potential recipient’s country of residence. The potential winners are responsible for ensuring that (s)he complies with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes if, in Company’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Company.
10. PRIVACY: Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Company may collect, store, share and otherwise use personally identifiable information provided during the newsletter subscription process, including, but not limited to, name, and email address. Company uses this information for circulation of its newsletter, administration of the Sweepstakes and verification of each entrant’s identity in the event an entry qualifies for a prize. The information collected by Company will not be used (or sold by Company) for any other reasons such as for marketing purposes.
If an entrant does not provide the mandatory information and documentation required pursuant to Section 6 above, Company reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
Entrant has the right to request access, review, rectification or deletion of any personal data held by Company in connection with the Sweepstakes by writing to the following email address: email@example.com.
11. PUBLICITY AND RELEASE: By accepting a prize, entrant agrees to Sponsor and its agents’ use of his or her name and/or likeness without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner waive any and all claims of liability against the Company, its affiliates, its employees and agents and their respective employees, for any personal loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, entrants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
12. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any entrant concerning identity, email address, or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Sweepstakes.
13. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Company further reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes site. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Sweepstakes site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
14. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Company, or any other entities. You acknowledge that you have entered into this Sweepstakes voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and Company and that no such relationship is established by your entry under these Rules.
15. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and all entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
16. ARBITRATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Sweepstakes will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Company of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the Los Angeles, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
17. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT; COMPLAINTS: If applicable, the winner’s name can be obtained for up to six months following the Company’s award of the prize by mailing a request to Digital Doggy, 8928 Ellis Ave, LA, CA 90028 (“Company Address”). Any complaints may sent to the the Company Address.