As many of you know, owning a dog is a lot of work. In order to train a dog, keep up with vet bills, maintain a relationship, feed them properly and provide them with adequate exercise, you have to be rich or available or both. Unfortunately, most of us are neither of those things. Did you know there is a way to keep dogs in your life without actually owning one? Here’s how:
- Follow as many Instagram dog pages as you can.
Here are a few we recommend and why they’re great.
- Ozzy, the Mean Mug Pug. First of all, Ozzy is a Digital Doggy Ambassadog so that makes him incredibly special and us a little biased but still—he’s really freakin’ cute. @meanmugpug
- Dog David Bowie. David Bowie is a rescue dog and he’s fuzzy, furry and named after a rockstart. What more could you ask for? @dogdavidbowie
- Frankie and Penelope. Our two favorite little bulldogs siblings that live in Florida, eat lots of food and love to snuggle. We love them. @frankieandpenelope
- Marnie the Dog. This dog is really, really ugly in a really, really cute way. Stick your tongue out and have a good day. @marniethedog
- Lemon the Golden Doodle. Lemon is our special little girl that brings sunshine and love to every occasion. She also loves sticks. @thelemondoodle
- Browse Pet Adoption Websites
Beware; this might make your dog obsession even worse. Seriously worse.
- Sit in a dog park and pray a dog (or many dogs) comes up to you.
Don’t act creepy. This is your one shot to interact with a dog and you probably haven’t had this opportunity in a long time. Do not blow it. Bring a book. Pretend you’re not there for the dogs and casually smile and show very little excitement. Although you may be peeing your pants with dog love, keep your sh*t together, dude.
- Date someone with a dog
Because it doesn’t matter if the dude/chick is cool if his/her dog is awesome, he’s/she’s a keeper. I am speaking the truth. Date someone for his/her dog and maybe one day you’ll even love that human you went out with. If you don’t, oh well. At least you got to hang out with a cool dog for a while.
- Go to a shelter and take the dogs for a walk This is a great way to get your steps in, have a little fun in the sun and not to mention make a dog’s entire day. Warning: You may want to take several dogs home at the end of this walk but DO NOT DO IT. You don’t have a dog for a reason.
- Throw a Party and invite your friends and their dogs A party is always better with dogs. Invite nice dogs only. Nobody wants to see Karen with her Pomeranian that barks and bites ankles. Sorry Karen.
- Buy your parents a dog That way you don’t necessarily have to pay for those vet bills you can’t afford, the pet deposit that isn’t in your budget and the dream house with a back yard built for a doggy prince.