The holidays can be tough for everyone. They can be especially difficult for someone with a dog. Dogs can get into chocolaty snacks; they could pee on grandma, growl at your ill-tempered aunt and knock over the Christmas tree. A dog can basically ruin the holidays. Unfortunately I can’t help you with much but I can help with doggy proofing your Christmas tree. Here’s how:
Read Also: “6 Things You Have To Do With Your Dog This Christmas“
- Place your tree in a low traffic area.
- Push light wires deep inside the tree so your dog doesn’t yank them out of the tree.
- Hide all electrical cords behind the tree or in a place that’s hard for your dog to reach.
- Do not use tinsel on the tree. It’s deadly for dogs.
- If your dog seems interested in marking his territory on the tree, I recommend placing a foldable metal gate around the tree. Nobody wants a pee smelling Christmas tree.
Do you have any tips and tricks for doggy proofing a tree? Let us know in the comment section below!