We all like to believe we can control our dogs. We adopted them, we feed them, we teach them tricks and they should listen to us. Right? Well, it’s not always that simple. Our dogs are sneaky little sh*ts and if they know how to manipulate you, they most certainly will. Here’s how you know your dog is a bossy boss:
Read Also: “10 Signs Your Dog is a Diva“
- They will not listen to you unless food is involved.
I will not move from this spot unless you throw me that turkey leg. Thank you very much.
- They take up most of the space in the bed every night and you fear telling them to move. You wouldn’t dare upset them.
Forget about sleeping. The dog is here.
- They will bark at you until they get their way.
Whether they want to go outside, eat food, have a treat, sit on your lap. The barking will never end.
- They pick and chose when they want to perform tricks.
Oh you want me to sit huh? Not today.
- They will not allow other dogs in the house. That’s their territory.
I’m sorry. You can’t come over. My dog is home.
- You will sacrifice just about anything for your dog.
Honey, we can’t go to the beach today. The dog isn’t in the mood.
If your dog is the boss of you now, get used to it because once a boss, always a boss.