Summer is here and we are all hot hot hot! Seriously though, it’s sweaty outside and it’s nothing to mess around with. If you see a dog in a car with the windows rolled up, do something!
Also read: Is Your Dog Part Wolf?
- Wait by the car to see if the owner will return. If you’re waiting for longer than 5 minutes, make a move and call the police.
- There are laws in certain states where you can legally break someone’s window to save a dog’s life! Do it!
- Call the authorities! Call the police and tell them the situation. Make sure they hurry though. There’s no time to waste.
- See if one of the doors in unlocked. You never know!
- When/if the owner arrives share facts about animal safety during the summer. On a 80 degree day, the temperature in a car can rise to 100-104 degrees in just minutes.
Stay safe and cool this summer doggies!