Have you ever met a friend’s dog and knew deep down in your soul that dog’s name was not the right fit? Nobody wants to be the person that names a dog Sunshine when his real name should be Howie. Learn how to choose a dog name the right way here.
- Before you get amped and name your dog the minute you see him/her, wait awhile. Try to really get a sense of the dog’s vibes.
- Don’t name the dog something boring and cliché. Look online for interesting names or name the dog after someone or something important to you.
- Ask your friends to name the dog. You never know what amazing name they’ll come up with.
- Buy a dog name book and browse the various dog names. You’ll find the right one eventually.
- Spend time with the dog and get to know his personality.
Eddie, Blanco, Esther, Louie and Frankie were my childhood dogs. Pretty good names, eh?