“Cone” is a word your dog never wants to hear. My dog calls it the plastic ring of hell. That’s right. My dog speaks to me. I’m not crazy.
Also read: What to do if Your Dog Gets in a Fight
Recently a friend of mine was dog sitting for her boss and literally everything went wrong. The dog, Ruru, ended up with a gash on his ear, was rushed to the vet and forced into the cone of doom. Poor Ruru. Here’s what to do if your dog has to wear the dreaded, evil cone:
- Scratch! Scratch! Scratch! Help your four-legged friend and scratch around the plastic edge of the cone.
- Help them eat. The cone gets in the way of EVERYTHING, including eating. Make sure you assist your pooch around the dog bowl.
- Give him lots of love. I cannot even imagine having a cone around my head all day. I would not be pretty.
- Doggy massages will help your dog calm down and enjoy the day.
- Give your dog extra doggy treats. They deserve it! They’ve been through enough.
Doggy friends! Good luck on your speedy recovery and I pray you’ll never see the cone again.
Learn about these common doggy illnesses: