Our dogs are sentient beings. They have feelings, emotions and personalities just like humans. They even get car sick! Yuck! Here’s how to prevent your pooch from getting motion sickness in the car:
- Make sure your dog has an empty stomach before the drive
If there’s nothing in his belly, nothing will come up.
- Give him a relaxing, safe place in the car
A crate, a blanket or a corner in the car will create a safe environment for your pup.
- Bring someone to give your dog additional attention if you’re driving
Extra love will calm your dog’s nerves and help with motion sickness.
- Adjust your dog’s seat in order for him to see outside
Looking at scenery will help with nausea.
- Bring your dogs favorite toy to distract him
He can’t exactly play “I spy” with you!
- Turn off the AC and open the windows
Fresh air helps everyone.
- If all else fails, your vet can possibly prescribe Dramamine
…which treats motion sickness.
Good luck puppy pukers!
Here are some common doggy illnesses to look out for: