People say weird things. They especially say weird things while at the dog park. I don’t know what it is about the park that attracts all sorts of colorful characters but they’re there….and they’re talking.
Also read: What Your Dog Thinks When You’re Gone
Here’s some interesting conversations I overheard. I swear I’m not making this stuff up.
- “My dog speaks to me in my dreams.”
She knew it was real because the next day her dog looked at her differently. I might believe her on this one.
- “Whatever color my hair is, I want my dog to have the same hair color. We like to match.”
You’re taking the whole “twinning” thing to a new level.
- “That’s my dog, Booger.”
You heard me right. Booger. He named his dog Booger.
- “When my dog fights with other dogs I just let it happen because I know it’s their wolf-like instincts and they need to release it.”
I stayed far away from that dude and his dog. Luckily the dog exhibited no “wolf-like instincts,” but I was not about to risk it. No way.
- “Can your dog stop barking? It’s driving my dog crazy.”
Who made you captain of the dog park?
- “You may recognize my dog. He was in a pretty big commercial recently.”
Stage mom alert!
- “You have to be careful here. Cops come around and make you pick up your dog poop.”
What cops in Los Angeles have time for this? Is this a real thing? What?
- “I’m fostering 8 dogs right now. I’m not sure that’s even legal but my landlord doesn’t care.”
Eight dogs? Fingers crossed she lived in a mansion on hundreds of acres of land.
- “I hate this dog park.”
So…why are you here?
- “Don’t mind him. He tends to do that.”
Dog caught in action humping a leg.
Here are the 7 rules of dog park etiquette — for you, the owner: