Growing up I was always taught to stay far away from Pit Bulls. “They’ve killed babies, they have lock jaw, and they’re evil, scary, aggressive, fighter dogs!” “Stay away,” they said. After I grew up I realized, it’s not Pit Bulls that are scary, it’s the aggressive owners that raise them, and the stereotypes that expand.
Also the idiots that keep the prejudice growing aren’t any help either. Here’s some truth to a Pit Bull:
- They’re just like other dogs
Some are good. Some are bad. Just like other dogs.
- They don’t really have lockjaw
Google it. It’s not a real fact.
- An aggressive Pit Bull can be rehabilitated
Out the 50 dogs in Michael Vick’s fighting ring, 49 were rehabilitated.
- These dogs are loving, gentle creatures
They love, love and don’t care who knows it!
- They need proper training just like other dogs
Train your dog and it will be rewarding and safer for everyone
- They have LOTS of energy, so they’ll need proper exercise and stimulation
Don’t let your couch cushions and high heels be the victims! Go outside and enjoy the exercise with your Pit!
- A Pit Bull will most likely obey you more than any other breed
If they are properly trained, reports show this is actually true!
We love all Pit Bulls here at Digital Doggy Daily! We’re on your team!
Here are some fun summer activities to do with your Pit (or any other dog)!