Here are some pro tips for making your dog famous on the ‘grams.
Also read: The Fake Service Dog Epidemic
- Create an Instagram account specifically for your pup
It’s not enough to just post photos of your dog on your own Instagram account anymore, people. It’s time to take the plunge and set up an Instagram account solely devoted to your pup!
- Make sure the Instagram name is something cute and memorable that fits your dog’s personality
Don’t be a dumbass and give your dog’s Instagram a boring name like @SpotTheDog. Spend a little time coming up with something creative and unique that people will remember.
- Create a hashtag specifically for your pooch
Encourage your friends to take photos of your dog as well and get some miles out of that hashtag! The more photos out there using your dog’s hashtag, the more people will find him!
- Add all of your own friends using your dog’s Instagram account to get followers
The best way to spread the word about your soon-to-be-famous dog is to add people on social media who actually know your dog. Soon enough, they’ll share your pics with their friends and so on. It’s simple math, really.
- Take tons of photos and videos of your dog’s cutest moments
Things like your dog snuggling with another dog, begging for food with sad puppy eyes, having a guilty dog face, etc. are good to start! Make sure you post photos regularly — it’s all about content, baby! Make sure to hold peoples’ interest by posting things regularly. Otherwise, they’ll get distracted by the millions of other things on the internet. But remember: it is possible to post too much, so be cautious. Everything in moderation.
- Most importantly: give your dog a voice and speak for him or her in as many videos as possible
The more human-like your dog can seem, the better! After all, humans love themselves.
- Follow and tag @DigitalDoggyDaily on Instagram
We’ve got a loyal pack of followers!
Watch the video below to see some of Instagram’s favorite pooches!