“Anchorman.” We’ve all seen it. We’ve all quoted it. It’s a cinematic miracle, to say the least. One of the greatest things about this magical movie are the characters…and one in particular.
Also read: Did Old Yeller Really Need to Die?
That’s right – Baxter the dog. After years, Baxter is still our favorite Hollywood dog-star and here’s why!
- He’s bilingual
How many dogs in the movies do you know that can speak Spanish fluently? Hmm?
- He can eat an entire wheel of cheese
Can your dog do that?
- He can talk to a whole family of bears
Most dogs his size would be absolutely terrified, but not Baxter. He’s brave and smart!
- He’s good friends with Will Ferrell
…and that means he’s definitely got a great sense of humor!
- His name is Baxter
This is easily one of the best dog names out there. Well done, boy!
- He got punted by Jack Black
…and lived to tell the tale.
- He wears pajamas and headgear to bed at night
- The legendary Ron Burgundy called Baxter “a miniature Buddha covered in hair.”
Is there any higher compliment than that?!
- He pooped in a refrigerator
…and didn’t even get in trouble!
- He can survive being kicked off a bridge into a random body of water
…and still find his way home.
Now go watch “Anchorman” and appreciate the national treasure that is Baxter the dog!
Watch this video of the Top 7 Dogs of All Time: