When our pups meet new dogs they either like them immediately or hate them forever, but do they ever truly love them? I’ve seen my dog lick an entire dogs face once. Was that love? Probably. Here are 11 ways to tell if your dog is in love (and no, humping didn’t make the list, even though that’s a pretty big indication).
- Does your dog stare at his “friend” with passion and longing? Does your dog look like he’s never seen anything quite as beautiful?
- Does your dog give up his dog toy for the other dog? Whoa. That’s love all right.
- Does your dog seem significantly happier around his lover? He’s not faking it either? Really, genuinely happy?
- Is your dog a better poochy when he’s around his puppy pal?
- Does your dog groom himself more? Is he no longer a hot mess?
- Is your dog learning more about himself than ever before? Has he grown as a dog? Is he the very best version of himself?
- Would your dog jump in front of a rabid Pit-bull’s death grip for his pooch?
- Does your dog cuddle up next to his significant lover? Do they cuddle hardcore?
- Does your dog finish his paw-tners sentences?
- Does your dog seem to never have time for you anymore? Is he always with the other dog?
- Do you think your dog will eventually get married and have kids with this other dog?
Now that you know these basic signs of love, stop reading this list and find love for yourself. Your dog wants that for you. Double date!