We all hope and dream our pups are born as dog prodigies but that’s not always the case. Most of the dogs we buy or adopt are just average, lazy dogs. Here are eight ways to tell if your dog is a prodigy…for real.
- Can it play a human sport well? I don’t know about you, but I constantly watch those Youtube videos where dogs can shoot basketballs, kick footballs and play pool. It’s crazy. If your dog can’t do this, it ain’t no prodigy.
- Can it say a human word? Does it respond when you say I love you? Does it say thank you after it’s fed? Some prodigy dogs can do this. I mean, I once saw a Dalmatian sing along to Elvis and it was NOT nothin’ but a hound dog. It was a prodigy dog.
- Can your dog ride a bike, hop on a skateboard or drive a car? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- Can your dog read? I’m not sure if there’s ever been a dog that can read but if one day there is, that dog will be a prodigy.
- Can your dog rescue anything? If your dog can save a drowning baby, an elderly woman from a fire or attack a bad guy robbing a store—that’s prodigy material y’all!
- Can your dog help you clean the house? Can it use the vacuum? Sweep up with its tail? Mop the floors with its tongue? If not, then it’s just a useless, old dog.
- Can it play an instrument? Can it gently strum the strings of the guitar? Tickle the ivories on the piano? Play sick beats on the drum? It can’t? Oh, well then it’s not a prodigy.
- Can your dog surf? It takes a lot of courage to get on a surfboard—it’s scary even for humans. Is your doggy hangin’ 10? Tubular! It’s one of a kind!
If your dog didn’t make this list, don’t worry! All dogs are special in their own way….maybe.
Also read: 9 Reasons Dogs are Better Than Cats