They have the face of a bulldog but the body of a chubby little Pug. They’re the cutest breed in the bunch: French Bulldogs! Bonjour Frenchie! Would you like a croissant? A baguette? No? You’d rather have a dog bone? Okay, fine. The French Bulldog is most likely the dog you see in every trendy neighborhood in America, but we’re fine with that. Have you ever seen a French Bull dog up close? If you haven’t, do yourself a favor and find one or Google it…do something! It’s adorable. Here are 9 fun facts about the French Bulldog, our Breed of the Week:
- They’re the 6th most popular breed in the world
- The main purpose of their breed is to warm laps (I’m fine with that!)
- These dogs love crates and crate training
- They are easily trainable (whoo whoo!)
- They like kids a lot (most of them…depending on the kid)
- They don’t like water (so don’t throw them in—even though it’s fun)
- Frenchies are very sensitive! So no need to scold them. They already feel bad.
- Most French Bulldogs aren’t born the natural way — by that we mean they’re bred using artificial insemination. They’re not good with baby making or baby delivering. Poor things.
- They’re the hippest dog of 2016! I mean Lady Gaga has not one but TWO of them. Can this breed be any cooler?
Learn all about the French Bulldog Breed Standard below or click here to watch our video