Your dog is absolutely, 100% perfect in your eyes. An angel. A God send. He wakes up…flawless (yes, that’s a Beyoncé reference). But here’s how to tell if your dog is actually overweight in the eyes of…well, everyone but you!
Also read: Dog Park Etiquette 101
- Do his feet touch the ground?
…or does he slide on his belly when you take him for “walks”? If so, he’s fat.
- How many minutes does it take him to finish a meal?
Does it only take seconds? Yes? You’ve got a fatty.
- How long can he walk before lying down and refusing to continue?
Stop, drop and (fat) rolls.
- Is there a puddle of drool next to your table every time you have dinner?
If so, your dog is both fat and untrained. Get with it, sister!
- Does your dog look like a Vienna sausage on legs?
- Are dog clothes no longer an option?
Sadly, they don’t make plus sizes for dogs…
- Do people constantly tell you “your dog is overweight”?
Well, you should probably listen. Your dog is only beautiful in your eyes, buddy.
But really, it may be cute to have a fat dog, but it ain’t healthy! Get that pup on a treadmill STAT!
If you’ve got a fat dog, try getting them out and about this summer — here are some fun activities to do with your pup: