I’m sure we’ve all done it. I know I have! I once forgot my poop bags and my dog took a huge doo-doo right on the sidewalk in front of an entire family. Here’s how my conversation with the dad went:
Dad: “You gonna pick up that poop?”
Me: “I forgot my poop bags but I will run home and get them!”
Dad: “We’ll wait here.”
I never forgot my doggy bags after that disaster. Man oh man, was that traumatizing. Here’s what to do if you ever forget your poop bags:
- Look for a poop bag dispenser on the street
- Find a large leaf …unless it’s diarrhea
- Tell someone it’s diarrhea and you can’t pick it up because it’s basically liquid
- Look into the trashcan and grab something that would work to pick up the poop
- Ask someone passing by with a dog if they can spare you a poop bag
- Go home, grab one, then quickly return to the same spot to clean up your dog’s mess
- If you absolutely have no other options, try kicking it out of the way so nobody steps on it
- Take your shirt off and pick it up (that is, if you don’t mind public nudity)
- If you’re desperate, catch the poop with your bare hands!
- Make a shovel out of sticks then dig a hole (you know what to do from there)
- Remember your bags next time!